Monday 22 January 2018

January 22nd , 2018 - We thank thee for a prophet
Hello! 
How was your week! I’m going to report on two weeks this time.
I have had a lot of things that I never have I experienced on my mission this week. I got offered a cigarette ( I did not take it), I got called mommy, I went sledding in front of our house, and I saw a cat get killed in front of my eyes by dogs and I got to hear from our new prophet Russell M. Nelson!
Last week we were able to watch President Monson’s funeral.  That was really touching.  We were also able to watch (via Skype) a baptism from Sister Silvennoinen old area.  Technology is wonderful except when your phone dies.  The rest of the week was just appointments with investigators and dropping by to visit some people who don’t attend church very often.
So this week has been kind of eventful. We went to International Falls for district meeting and after that we had interviews.  It is much nicer to have in person meetings rather than Skype meetings. We really enjoyed the Tuesday news conference and listening to President Nelson.  Yesterday I spoke in church and well I spoke for 20 minutes or more. I spoke on the reason we need a restoration and about the Book of Mormon I even used 3 quotes that Mom sent me in it :)  And today we went sledding ( I asked permission before, we are only allowed if they are small slopes and not to extreme!)  It was a lot of fun. 
Other than that my week has been pretty normal!
Love you! Hope you have a great week!

Love,
Sister Russell

Ether 12:4 

 Hope is the anchor of the soul
 District Meeting and in front of our wood stove

No comments:

Post a Comment