Monday 21 August 2017

August 21st, 2017   First FHE on the mission! Boy I have truly missed out

Hello,
Well this has been a busy week I think it’s because it is already Monday and I don't know where the time went so it must have been busy.
I cut an elder`s hair on last P-day I don't think he will ask me again because, well.- . ya.  We met up with one of our investigators Aaron and we just went over what he was reading in the book of Mormon chapter 8-11 .Tuesday we had district meeting. We also met up with a less active family. Wednesday we did tracting and did some stop bye’s nothing exciting. Thursday we visited with another less active. We helped with the relief society activity for bit. We went to a Filipino’s house that evening and had a family home evening with them and the bishop`s family (so that is the picture with the lots of people I felt really white (I really need to work on my tan)) It was so much fun even though it was mostly in Tagalog I am starting to pick out a few words! And there was so much great food there!!! Friday we did weekly planning   and then we went over to a less actives. We got fed by a member Friday and that was a lot of fun too! After that we went over to the church so we could meet Aaron our investigator and give him a church tour! The church has such a spirit and we had a member with us who is an RM actually from his mission! So it was fantastic! Saturday We able to have a lesson with the recent converts from Thompson and their Grandma! It was super nice being able to have the grandma involved a little bit! Sunday we had church. So Sister Dungan and I had to make sure we got the Thompson Kids to church so we waited for them to get down and in the car with the members. So we came into church just as they were saying well good morning starting the meeting. Then as they were announcing they said Sister Russell can you help with the music so I had to be chorister for sacrament meeting. I was a little off beat but people seemed happy that I did it even so much I was the chorister in Relief society Meeting. We had pot luck after church! It was great! We also had a supper appointment  with another Filipino family super good!
Well it is transfer day again..... I am staying here and sadly Sister Dungan is not going to be my companion. My new companion is Sister Patac she is also from the Philippines! So I will still be learning Tagalog. 
I hope you have a great week! 
Love,
Sister Russell 

-- Ether 12:4 
 Hope is the anchor of the soul




No comments:

Post a Comment