Monday 11 December 2017

December 11th, 2017 - I am dreaming of a White Christmas

Hello!
14 more days till Christmas isn't that exciting :)
So we made it safely to Winnipeg and back! The roads were bad to Winnipeg; it took us 6 hours to drive there but we made it safe so that is what really counts!  I got to go on exchanges with Sister Atwood she is from Cardston Alberta. It was weird going on exchanges with someone younger in the mission than me.... I think that means I am getting old.....

On Wednesday we had our Christmas zone conferences! Those are the best ones! The spiritual high! I got to see some old companions which is great! And I got to be with Sister Kostiuk all day. It was so nice seeing her again!!!! I just wish we had more time to catch up. We got to watch a movie as well!  We got to watch “It's a Wonderful life”! It was 2 hours long which was also nice. A lot of it could be related to the gospel but there was too much kissing for my missionary mind....

So we had a lesson with Jessica and she was telling us she even had a countdown until she is getting baptized on Friday and everything.  We left her home and we got a text from her 30 minutes later asking us if she could get baptized in January instead. We were like she was so excited to get baptized on Friday what happen. I kinda had to go the bathroom and so I was like let’s just go back and see what happen. She did not want to wreck her sister’s birthday party by having her mom and her gone and she wanted her siblings there as well and we were like, how about you get baptized on Thursday instead and see was like okay! And so Jessica is getting baptized on Thursday at 7! So we are really excited!

We went over to the Johnson`s and joined their family for going in the bush and cutting down a Christmas tree!!!!!! I think I should do that with my family next year ;) It was so much fun! 
We had an all time record church attendance since I have been at Bergland.  We had 37 people at church!

So transfers are next week! And that will let me know where I will be for Christmas!

Love you! Enjoy lighting the world!
Love,
Sister Russell

Ether 12:4 
 Hope is the anchor of the soul




No comments:

Post a Comment