Monday 5 February 2018

February 5, 2018 – Ground Hog Day

Hello!
So I am getting transferred. I am going back to Winnipeg but to the south side of the city (Dalhousie Ward) so that will be new territory for me. I think the Cabela`s store  is in my area so that is cool!  The companion I will be working with is Sister Carr and I will be greenie busting her so that will be fun.  (Greenie Bustin means I will be her second missionary companion)
So as it was the last few days of January and we had 27 people on our visiting teaching list and we had 11 left to do in only those three days but I am happy to say that we got to either see or send letters to 26 of them and we would have got the last one if we had know where the person on the record lived. She lives in Stratton no one in the branch as ever met her and she is in her one hundreds so she might be now living in the spirit world but I was driving through Stratton and we saw a building that kinda looked like an old persons house and we went up to the door and I knocked and the lady who came to the door said that it was not her  She was nice and said she did not know the lady so it was an experience to say the least. But 26 out of 27 was not bad we were going for the 100%and we were so close and who even knows where that lady is. 
The days here have been kinda cold. They cancelled church yesterday which was sad because it wasn't as cold as Saturday. 
So last Monday we went to a sharing circle on the reserve and a lady named Karen was saying that it is “ground hog” day and Sister Silvennoinen said you actually celebrate it? And Karen was like ya and here in Canada everyone dresses up like a ground hog. And I went along with it saying that I wore a brown skirt and a brown shirt and stuff. And we brought it up with others and they were agreeing to that and the whole week we asked people and they all went along with it. And so on Friday Sister Silvennoinen dressed up like a ground hog, I took pictures and I said well this is the time that I tell you we actually don't dress up. It was so funny! Yes I do have pictures ;) She is such a good sport!
 I was able to see the blue super moon it was super clear out here :)
Love you lots!
Love,
Sister Russell

--
Ether 12:4 
 Hope is the anchor of the soul






No comments:

Post a Comment